Students choose a new name for our school
Our students have chosen our new school name. The students wanted a name which was reflective of Helenswood and William Parker and which represents the local community and history of the area.
Alexandra Park was opened in 1882 and two lime trees were planted in the park to represent a new beginning and local growth. The students felt that this is symbolic of the fresh start for the school.
Our students were keen to honour the legacy of the current school names and therefore the lower school (years 7 and 8) will be known as the Helenswood site and the upper school (years 9 – 11 and sixth form) will be known as the William Parker site.