Ark Alexandra Academy 6th Form
Our small, effective and highly successful 6th form provides specialist and high quality teaching and support for each one of our students. Our 2018 progress outcomes are ranked in the top 25% of schools in the UK.
Ark Alexandra Academy 6th Form will continue to build upon this success providing a seamless transition from GCSE into Post 16 qualifications in an environment where every student is known as an individual. We are ambitious for all of our students to achieve the best outcomes and progress to a top university or into a career of their choice.
Last year 15% graduated to study at a Russell group university and 17% accepted a high level apprenticeship. To achieve this, we have high expectations and standards:
- Relentless expectations of our students’ attendance, hard work and study habits.
- Expert teaching in vocational and academic subjects from teachers who have a proven track record of success and who have strong working relationships with their students.
- High quality 1:1 career advice and guidance that supports all students to make informed choices regarding their future and prepares them well for their application to university and the world of work.
- Wider curriculum experiences that include volunteering opportunities within and beyond the school such as certificated coaching qualifications and outdoor and adventurous activities.
- A character programme that continues to support the development of their social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding.
- The opportunity to apply for a bursary to support their academic studies whilst in the 6th form and for university. More recently, a student received a £30,000 bursary towards their tuition fees.