Information for parents
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
MyChildAtSchool is the parent app to keep you informed of attendance, behaviour, messages and more. To register:
- Contact email@example.com for an invite code.
- Visit https://www.mychildatschool.com to login.
For children and young people aged 18 years and under who have a positive test result, please follow the guidance on the Government website at:
- Hastings and Rother Positive Parenting Guide (Web and discussion groups from Dec 2020 - Jan 2021)
Supporting your child
Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) information
The Health Education and Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) aspects of PSHE (personal, social, health and economic) education is compulsory in all secondary schools from September 2020. Please see our presentation for more information about our delivery of PSHE.
Mental Health Support
Digital Strategy - Using MS Teams / ShowMyHomework / Google Classroom / Seneca
Please visit our Digital Strategy page to give you information about accessing the digital services we provide.
Safeguarding and Online Safety Resources
Online learning resources
We have compiled a list of activities and resources for you to enjoy:
How do you look after your mental wellbeing?
Understandably, you may find that social distancing can be boring or frustrating. You may find your mood and feelings are affected and you may feel low, worried or have problems sleeping and you might miss being outside with other people.
At times like these, it can be easy to fall into unhealthy patterns of behaviour which in turn can make you feel worse. There are simple things you can do that may help, to stay mentally and physically active during this time such as:
- look for ideas of exercises you can do at home on the NHS website
- spend time doing things you enjoy – this might include reading, cooking, other indoor hobbies or listening to the radio or watching TV programmes
- try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, drink enough water, exercise regularly, and try to avoid smoking, alcohol and drugs
- keep your windows open to let in fresh air, get some natural sunlight if you can, or get outside into the garden
You can also go for a walk outdoors if you stay more than 2 metres from others.
Students should arrive between 8.30am and 8.40am each day. The school day finishes at 4.05pm on Monday/Tuesday, and 3.15pm on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. More information is available at http://arkalexandra.org/life-school/school-day.
Free School Meals
Children may get free school meals if their parents or carers get any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, if your annual household income (assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) isn’t over £16,190.
[Anyone getting Working Tax Credit won’t get free meals regardless of income]
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children will get free school meals if they meet the criteria and are in school both before and after lunchtime.
Children eligible for free school meals on or after 1 April 2018 will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023 even if your circumstances change.
Apply for free school meals online at https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/educationandlearning/schools/school-life/m...
Letters to Parents
Every letter we publish will be sent to you via email through our school information system. Should you require another copy or cannot access your emails, please visit our letters page where you can download them. Printed copies of all letters are available from reception.
All students attending Ark Alexandra Academy are part of our 5 or 7 year Career Plan. We have a dedicated Career's website with lots of information and the plan is available to download using the link below:
Uniform and Equipment
All students are expected to attend in full school uniform including a school bag and smart school shoes (full list here). Students should bring a reading book and a pencil case with black pens, green pens, pencils, a ruler and a rubber.
Our current uniform supplier is SuperStitch86. Their shop location, opening hours and contact information is available at https://www.superstitch86.co.uk/contact-us/ and their Ark Alexandra Academy uniform products can be viewed at https://www.superstitch86.co.uk/product-category/schoolwear/. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
You can download local Stagecoach bus timetables and plan your journey to school here.
When there are roadworks on the roads toward and near the school, your journey may take longer than usual. Details of local roadworks can be found here.
Break & Lunch
Students who receive free school meals will automatically have credit in their account for use at lunch. All other students will use our cashless catering service from ParentPay. Students are able to purchase drinks and snacks in the canteen at break time with their cashless accounts. To top-up accounts, our electronic payment system is at www.parentpay.com. If you have any issues logging on to ParentPay, please contact us.
The key dates for all parents/carers to be aware of for the term ahead can be found in our online calendar here.
We want to support all students to achieve excellent 100% attendance. However, if your child is unwell or required to attend an urgent medical appointment, please call the main school switchboard (01424 439888) before 8.30am.
If you have any general questions about the start of term, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your child’s name.
If you have any specific questions related to your child, please email your child’s Head of Year and include your child’s name.
- Year 7 - Mr S Sully: email@example.com
- Year 8 - Ms K Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 9 - Ms C Munnery: email@example.com
- Year 10 - Ms A Gill: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 11 - Ms S Clark: email@example.com
More contact information is available at http://arkalexandra.org/contact-us.