This policy sets out Ark’s commitment to safeguarding the children in our academies and describes in sections 1 to 5 the approach, aims and scope of the policy. Sections 6 to 8 outline roles and responsibilities for safeguarding. Section 9 to 13 outlines core definitions, procedures and information for use in schools. Further links and guidance are given in the appendices.
Whilst our policies cover the all safeguarding issues we acknowledge that County Lines and Criminal Exploitation are significant issues faced within our context. These are covered in Appendix A and for additional information on supporting young people please go to 'Safeguarding Information for Parents' page on our website.
Click the link below for the full policy.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy (2020-21)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - Appendix A
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - Appendix B
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - Appendix C
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - Appendix D
- COVID-19 Addendum for Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Professional Conduct and Expectations
- Recruitment and Appointment Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy 2016-2021
- Prevent Risk Assessment
|Child Protection Team|
|Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)||Mr Jerome Scafefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deputy DSL and Safeguarding Officer||Ms Rachael Downeyemail@example.com|
|Lead Child Protection and Safeguarding Officer||Ms Charlotte Willisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you have a concern and would like to contact the team, please email email@example.com.