You may already have a composition which fits a theme, or you may want to have a go at some of the ideas below:
- Create a song based on Shakespeare themes – for example, friendship, love, betrayal, loss, heartbreak, revenge – anything that inspires you
- Create a rap or hip-hop piece about politics or society
- Compose a theme for one of the plays
- Write a song about a character from one of the plays
- Develop an instrumental piece for a theatre production
- Try setting one of the sonnets to music
- Write the music for a Capulet party
- Create the suspenseful soundtrack to a climax in a play
You may want to collaborate with other musicians you know and edit a video together.
The video doesn’t have to be edited, it can simply be you singing your song or playing your instrument in a simple video.
You might find some inspiration here:
Top 10 tips for writing songs for beginners: