Ark Alexandra Academy leaders praised by Ofsted.
Friday 30 April 2021
Dear parents and carers,
We are delighted to be able to share with you the report from Ofsted following our recent inspection at Ark Alexandra. Overall, Ofsted tell us that Ark Alexandra continues to improve, despite the challenges brought by Covid-19.
We are so pleased that all the hard work of students and staff have been recognised. I have selected a few of the comments made in the inspection report:
- “Leaders and those responsible for governance are taking effective action to provide education in the current circumstances.”
- “The school has galvanised staff to produce and maintain an ambitious education for those pupils working at home. Leaders trained staff to use new technology so that they were ready to deliver the curriculum remotely in January 2021.”
- They were very impressed with our digital strategy which ensured all students had access to digital technology and could learn using the school’s online resources during the last lockdown.
- Our strategy to help Year 11 and 13 was applauded, noting that we “carefully targeted support to prepare them for their next steps.”
- Special thanks to our SENCo, Mrs Fautley: she was highlighted as being “steadfast in ensuring that therapeutic support from external agencies has continued throughout the national lockdown, and that “staff have also prioritised checking that pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are receiving the right help, whether they are working at home or in school.”
We are very happy that Ofsted has recognised our hard work as this has been a difficult time for everyone; I am immensely proud of how the whole Ark Alexandra community has coped. We have had a lot of engagement with staff, students and parents who have adapted to changing situations brilliantly. As things slowly get back to ‘normal’, our continued priority will be ensuring that students have all the support they need to learn, develop and thrive.
If you would like to read the full report, the link is here:
Thank you once again for helping to make the Ark Alexandra community a successful one. We are excited about the future for the school.
This inspection was a S8 monitoring inspection looking at progress from the last inspection and specifically at remote learning. It is unable to change our current grade. However, we are confident that this shows that Alexandra is well on the way to being recognised as a great school by Ofsted.