Ark Alexandra Academy utilised the Department for Education and East Sussex Holiday Activities and Food Programme funding to run two weeks of summer school at the Helenswood and William Parker campuses.
Both camps were fully staffed by teachers, pastoral, teaching assistants, administrators, first aid and sixth formers. We also welcomed a variety of external providers to add to our offer. The students gained from various activities during the week from Sports coaching to English Oracy mystery games, Design and Technology to maths breakout rooms.
- The first week ran at the Helenswood Campus and welcomed students transitioning from Year 6 into Year 7.
- The second week we had students from Years’ 7, 8, 9 and 10 at the William Parker campus.
- The total cost of the provision was £28,329.88.
The costs are broken down:
- Staffing Cost £17,234.11
- Food/Drink Cost £1,090.77
- Julian Humphries £1,920.00
- Play Sport £2,500.00
- Project Rewild £1,500.00
- GB Hastings £2,500.00
- Wisemind Escape Rooms £1,585.00