Ark Alexandra's vision is to provide all members of our community with the opportunities to engage with 'life in all its fullness' (John 10:10). This will be achieved through the highest quality of education that a truly great school will provide. We are committed to striving for excellence and inspiring our students to fulfil their God given potential. Our faith underpins our aim for all students to have the widest possible life choices. By knowing every student, and demonstrating kindness, we will inspire every member of Ark Alexandra to have a positive impact on the community around them.
Ark Alexandra is building a flourishing community through Faith, Kindness and Excellence.
The trinity of Faith, Kindness and Excellence form our values. They are underpinned by Agape(love) and overarched by Koinonia(community).
Our vision for Ark Alexandra is to create a truly great school for the young people in Hastings. At Ark Alexandra Academy, we believe that everyone deserves to be accepted, included, and empowered to live a purposeful and fulfilling life. We will ensure, through our learning, that we achieve our fullest potential and live a life filled with belief, integrity and success.
Our values are Faith, Excellence and Kindness . They are underpinned by Agape (love) and overarched by Koinonia (community).
The foundations of these pillars are:
|Serve to Lead
Faith: For we walk by Faith, not by sight – 2 Corinthians 5:7, I can, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' Philippians 4:13
- Courage - When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God, I trust and am not afraid. Psalm 56v3
- Hope - and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5v5
- Belief - If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matthew 21v22
- Self: Control: No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
Excellence: Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.1 Corinthians 9 :24-25
- Perseverance: Those who wait for the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. Isaiah 40:31.
- Responsibility: “We put no obstacle in anyone’s way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry.” 2 Corinthians 6 :3
Kindness: Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
- Forgiveness: “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3v13-14
- Compassion: Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, Colossians 3v12
- Respect: So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7v12
Sixth form welcome
Our provision for ages 16-18.