All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Ark Alexandra blazer
- Ark Alexandra school jumper (optional)
- White collared shirt
- Ark Alexandra tie (worn to touch the top of the trousers or skirt)
- Navy blue school trousers (no jeans, leggings, or trousers of this style)
- Navy blue school skirt (pleated, unrolled and no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- Ark Alexandra PE T-shirt (collared or round neck)
- Black school shoes, flat and with proper soles (no trainers or trainer style shoes)
- Socks or tights are plain black, navy blue or white (no patterns or leggings)
- School bag that is large enough to carry A4 size books
- Dark coloured coat (only worn outside of the school buildings)
- Religious headwear should be navy or black
- Hair is natural colour and without any shaved patterns or lines
- All long hair is tied back with a navy or black band •
- Jewellery should not be worn, with the exception of a maximum of 2 small stud earrings worn in ears and a wristwatch (no facial piercings)
- Make-up should not be worn (this includes nail/eyelash extensions)
- No artificial nails or nail varnish
- Plain black belts
PE Kit (indoor and outdoor)
- A navy Ark Alexandra embroidered polo shirt – available from Superstitch 86.
- Plain navy blue or plain black jogging bottoms. Must be plain, with no stripes, writing, patterns or blocks of colour. A small logo by the pocket is permissible.
- Plain navy blue or plain black sports shorts. Shorts must be at least mid-thigh length and completely plain. A small logo is permissible.
- Trainers – These must be suitable for sport. Converse and plimsols are not permitted as they are unsafe.
- Socks: Plain white, navy, grey or black trainer socks, white sports socks or navy football socks (available from Superstitch 86). No patterned or brightly coloured socks may be worn.
- Academy blazer – This must be worn over the PE kit
- Optional: A navy embroidered PE sweatshirt – Available from Superstitch 8.
- Students will be allowed to wear their V-neck Academy jumper to school but will be expected to remove it for their PE lessons, so a PE jumper is advisable especially as it get colder.
- Skorts, cycling shorts, skorts and leggings are not permitted.
- Students representing the Academy at sports fixtures will be expected to wear navy joggers or shorts (not black).
All students are expected to attend in full school uniform including a school bag and smart school shoes. Students should bring a reading book and a pencil case with black pens, green pens, pencils, a ruler and a rubber.
Ark Alexandra Academy Sixth Form Dress Code
Ark Alexandra Academy Sixth Formers are required to represent the Academy at all times and act as role models to our younger pupils. This includes wearing professional and appropriate dress at all times. A member of the Sixth Form should be able to leave Ark Alexandra Academy and immediately attend a formal interview without having to enhance their appearance in any way.
The information below outlines the key aspects of our sixth form dress code. These are not exhaustive but the spirit and ethos of our expectations are clear.
Ark Alexandra Academy students must dress professionally at all times. This means they are expected to wear the following:
- Formal blazer, jumper or cardigan
- Smart shirt/blouse; polo shirt or smart top
- Smart trousers, chinos, dress or skirt (dress & skirts must be knee length or longer)
- Plain formal shoes
The following items must not be worn when in school:
- Sportswear or hoodies
- Denim or leather jeans, skirts, trousers or jackets
- Low-cut tops or those that expose the midriff or shoulders
- Skirts or dresses that are either too tight or too short to be professional (shorter than knee length)
- Casual t-shirts or cardigans/jumpers
- Trainers or casual shoes (including canvas shoes such as ‘Vans’)
- Outdoor coats must not be worn inside the school buildings
- A single nose stud is the only facial piercing permitted. Other facial piercings and dramatic hair-styles are not permitted
The final opinion of what is deemed appropriate falls with Sixth Form staff. If your attire is not appropriate, you will be asked to adjust your dress or to go home to change.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.
Purchasing school uniform
Our uniform supplier is SuperStitch86.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We host regular second-hand uniform sales where good quality items can be picked up for low cost.