Our small, effective and highly successful 6th form provides specialist and high-quality teaching and support for each one of our students. Since 2019 our average progress outcomes are ranked in the top 25% of schools in England.
Ark Alexandra Academy 6th Form will continue to build upon this success providing a seamless transition from GCSE into Post 16 qualifications in an environment where every student is known as an individual. Ark Alexandra's vision is to provide all members of our community with the opportunities to engage with 'life in all its fullness' (John 10:10). In the sixth form this means enabling all of our students to progress to a good university, degree apprenticeship or directly into the professional career of their choice. Through excellent teaching and individualised support and guidance, we will encourage their development as independent learners, equipped with habits, skills and mindsets that will help them succeed beyond the Sixth Form. We will help them develop as responsible and open-minded young adults: excellent role models for younger pupils, and ambassadors for Ark Alexandra in the wider community.
Social Justice – we believe in equipping our students with the skills and knowledge to live an empowered and fulfilling life so they can actively contribute to building an equitable society where everyone is accepted and included.
Christian Faith - Faith is based on the practices, rituals and teachings of the Church of England. As a sixth form we are ‘building a flourishing community through love and hope anchored by God.’
Professionalism - Professionalism is based on respectful communication, excellent habits and manners and polished presentation.
Faith - We have faith in ourselves and others and believe that we can all be the best versions of ourselves and can fulfil our potential.
Kindness – We value kindness in all of our interactions and build strong relationships formed on respect
Excellence – We strive for excellence in all our endeavours, reflecting on the reasons for mistakes and persevering to learn from them.
Students therefore in our Sixth Form can enjoy:
- Relentless expectations of our students’ attendance, hard work and study habits.
- Expert teaching in academic subjects from teachers who have a proven track record of success and who have strong working relationships with their students.
- High-quality 1:1 career advice and guidance that supports all students to make informed choices regarding their future and prepares them well for their application to university and the world of work.
- Wider curriculum experiences that include volunteering opportunities within and beyond the school such as certificated coaching qualifications and outdoor and adventurous activities.
- A character programme that continues to support the development of their social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding.
- The opportunity to apply for a bursary to support their academic studies whilst in the 6th form and for university. More recently, a student received a £30,000 bursary towards their tuition fees.
Ark Alexandra Sixth Form offers a range of academic A-Levels. Students in the Sixth Form also benefit from a wide-ranging pastoral programme that aims to broaden the educational experience of every student. Students cover topics ranging from work experience right through to Human Rights. They also have the opportunity to complete the Duke Edinburgh award and participate in the Combined Cadet Force.